The terms retrofit, renovation and refurbishment are often taken to mean exactly the same service, but this is not the case, to retrofit is different to renovate or to refurbish.
Retrofit means to install a part or component that was not included in the original build and by installing these parts or components the building’s energy consumption and carbon emissions will be reduced. For example, Retrofit can include upgrading the heating/air conditioning systems or installing better glazing.
Retrofit can sometimes prove to be more cost effective than new build and can often improve the working environment for all users.
How can Prime Solutions help with your retrofit?
- Upgrading doors and windows to double or triple glazing
- Installing external cladding or rendering
- Upgrading air conditioning systems
- Upgrading boiler and heating systems
- Installing low energy lighting and the use of sensors and timing devices
- Retrofitting solid wall or cavity insulation
- Installing water efficiency products and systems
All retrofit projects undertaken will receive our attention to detail, our many years experience, our ability to problem solve and our proactive approach to ensure a successful retrofit project completion.
We advise on.
- Feasibility, Cost and Time Schedule
- Planning & Building Regulations
- Space Planning & Design
- Industrial & Office Refurbishment
- Leisure & Retail Fit-out
- Move Management
- Office Furniture Procurement
- Dilapidations & Reinstatement